Lisa Stevenson, MS, LPCC
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
Working with children and adolescents has always been a passion of mine. My goal is to help individuals and families find hope and healing where there currently is fear and pain. I specialize in the treatment of eating disorders, anxiety, depression, and trauma in children and adolescents. I am also trained in treating individuals who struggle with over-control personality types.
My approach tends to be very evidence-based while also creative in working in the strengths and values of each individual client. My goal is to offer a safe place where clients can feel understood, challenged, and valued all at once and identify what they need to transition toward the life they want to lead. I am the type of therapist who really enjoys humor and getting to know my clients’ uniqueness and vulnerabilities.
Education: I hold a Master’s in Community Counseling from Moorhead State University.
- Certified in Family-Based Treatment (FBT) for Eating Disorders
- Certified in Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO DBT)
- Trained in CBT-E for eating disorders
- Trained in Brain Spotting level 1
- Trained in Sensorimotor level 1
- Completed training in the neurobiology of anxiety
- American Counseling Association (ACA)