Reports Directly to:
Clinical Director of Child/Adolescent Services
Status: Full or Part-time, exempt
Position Summary: The Licensed Therapist- Christian Integration is responsible for direct services to clients in Company’s individual, family, and/or group programs. This position requires collaboration, in a multi-disciplinary setting, with other Water’s Edge Counseling & Healing Center (WECHC) team members to provide comprehensive treatment to WECHC clients.
Summary of Position:
- Responsible for providing individual and family psychotherapy to adolescent and/or adult clients
- Responsible for providing services to Company’s clients with emphasis on child/adolescent caseload
- Responsible for connecting assigned clients with other treatment team members on the interdisciplinary team as client’s needs and symptoms require.
- Responsible for providing (or referring to an appropriate referral source) family therapy when client’s symptom presentation call for a systems based treatment.
- Provide care from a biological-psychological-social-spiritual model. Responsible for assessing and providing integrated treatment at the level consistent with the client’s desire for integration in each of the four areas.
- Provide spiritual integrated psychological care through use of Christian principles and interventions for client’s requesting Christian integration or spiritually conscious care for other faith systems as requested by client.
- Complete comprehensive diagnostic assessments using the DSM-5 criteria.
- Complete behavioral and measurable treatment goals.
- Include in diagnostic assessment and treatment goal setting an assessment and goals addressing family and spiritual needs related to presenting problems.
- Provide individual therapy to clients.
- Provide group therapy to clients as the need and opportunity arises.
- Work collaboratively with other team members of assigned clients to enhance client’s treatment experience and outcome.
- Establish therapeutic relationship with client’s on caseload to facilitate treatment.
- Track, complete and obtain authorizations for services for assigned clients.
- Ensure compliance with Data Privacy Act and HIPPA.
- Complete all required documentation according to policies and procedures. Ensure that all documentation of clinical services address client’s progress towards goal obtainment.
- Provide consultation and psycho-education to clients and team members.
- Participate in community outreach and marketing activities as opportunities arise.
- Attend and participate in regular scheduled team meetings, continuing education trainings including but not limited to Christian integration consultation/training.
- Participate in quality improvement efforts.
- Supervise trainees and unlicensed providers as the need arises.
- Provide services to Company’s intensive outpatient programs as the need arises.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Minnesota Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with experience in individual and/or family psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated advanced level knowledge of spiritually integrated psychological care including integration of Christian principles and interventions in the recovery process and psychotherapy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the impacts of trauma and evidenced based treatment of trauma.
- Knowledge of or interest in working with eating disorders, depression, anxiety and/or trauma.
- Experience working with adolescents and/or adults in the therapeutic setting.
- Skilled in clear and concise verbal and written communication.
- Highly organized and able to manage a high volume of paperwork and clinical documentation.
- Well-grounded, able to self-regulate and to work effectively on a team during stressful situations.