Reports to: Office Manager
Status: Part- Time, non-exempt
Position Summary: This position’s primary role is to efficiently process internal referrals for additional services, obtain and track authorizations for services and support the Child/Adolescent Department with administrative needs. The target is to complete all activities accurately and efficiently with excellent customer service.
- Process, from start to finish, all actions steps needed for clients who are being referred to additional internal services.
- Obtain and track authorizations for all services in all departments according to each insurance carrier’s policies and procedures.
- Answer incoming calls from prospective clients in the child/adolescent department who have questions regarding intensive services at WECHC. Document all calls on referral forms or in electronic medical record as appropriate.
- Assist in calling child/adolescent clients/parents/guardians and screening for appropriate fit for programs, answering questions about programs and connecting them with the appropriate person.
- Work closely with Office Manager, Clinical Directors and Business Department to stay on top of problem accounts and document all conversations and action steps
- Assist Accounts Receivable with financial hardship applications when needed.
- Work closely with the Business Department on identifying and providing information that is needed to address problem claims.
- Respond to voicemail and electronic messages in a timely manner.
- Assist administrative team with daily operations as needed (including but not limited to answering phones, scheduling, registering new clients, scanning, faxing, filing) when needed
- Provide back-up coverage and assist with verifying any of the agency’s client’s medical insurance benefits and enter information into Procentive as needed.
- Maintain compliance with Data Privacy and HIPAA rules and regulation
- Assist in creating and revising policies and procedures as they relate to coordination of care
- Follow company procedures to address and resolve client disputes
- Fax, copy, scan and shred all documents connected to work load.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the company.
- Adhere to a team code of conduct, contribute to and maintain a positive working atmosphere.
- Experience working in a mental health setting
- 2 or more years working in customer service oriented positions, preferably in a medical or behavioral health setting
- 2 or more years of experience working with medical insurance, troubleshooting issues with carriers and electronic medical records.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, to work under stress and to multitask
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize and make decisions
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population of staff and clients
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree or certificate in related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive and based on experience