Reports to: Lead Dietitian and/or Clinical Director
Status: Employee or Contractor
Hours: FT or PT
Company: To learn more about Water’s Edge Counseling & Healing Center visit our website at www.watersedgechc.com
Position Summary: We are looking for an experienced Registered and Licensed Dietitian to cover individual and group services for children/adolescents (and some adults) with eating disorders. Hours per week can be flexible.
The position is responsible for providing direct client service to clients/families with a diagnosis of an eating disorder. Care includes assessing the nutritional status of clients, providing nutritional counseling and education, assisting with meal planning and providing snack/meal support to Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and weekly group clients. The dietitian works with the multidisciplinary team in providing comprehensive treatment to the client. Primary model of care for adolescents is Family-Based Therapy for Eating Disorders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts client nutritional assessments and from assessment findings develops, implements, coordinates services for, and monitors and evaluates individualized meal plans for those clients assigned to his or her caseload. Uses Family-Based Therapy for Eating Disorders model for adolescent clients.
- Coordinates and facilitates therapeutic client snacks/meals in a group program setting.
- Complete all tasks relevant to food service in the IOP programs as well as in maintaining compliance with all applicable SafeServ and Minnesota Health Department rules and regulations.
- Assist in keeping kitchens and kitchen appliances clean and sanitized as well as monitoring that all appliances are in working order.
- Conducts assigned group counseling and nutrition education sessions and appropriately documents content in client’s electronic medical record.
- Completes case management responsibilities for IOP clients as required/appropriate/needed.
- Collaborates with Water’s Edge CHC team and community professionals including physicians, therapists, social workers, dietitians, and community agencies in coordinating client care services and maintaining continuity of care.
- Participates in client case conferences.
- Attends scheduled team meetings, case consultations and study groups as assigned.
- Assist in the development of dietetic educational materials and curriculum.
- Maintains clinical records in compliance with Water’s Edge CHC policies and regulatory standards.
- Maintains at all times the confidentiality of proprietary information and any client’s or employee’s medical, financial, or personal information, records, and data to which there is access.
- Ensures compliance to Company and program policies/procedures, external regulatory standards and payor requirements.
- Maintains and enhances knowledge of current clinical practice, strategies, and developments through participation in his or her professional organization; attending related seminars, workshops, and conferences; and reviewing the literature.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism
- Works well under stress and client resistance
- Works well in a team as well as independently
- Motivational interviewing and communication skills
- Eating Disorder (or related experience) is preferred
- Family-Based Therapy for Eating Disorder training is preferred
- Skilled and practices from a non-diet approach
- Registered and Licensed Dietitian in Minnesota required
- Bachelor or Masters of Science degree in food and nutrition
- Related clinical experience/education in the assigned program(s) of care
- Knowledge of regulatory standards governing care delivery and operations