Emily Carlson, BA
Clinical Psychology Doctoral Practicum Student
I have clinical experience working with children, adolescents, and adults, addressing eating disorders, body image issues, obsessive-compulsive disorder, depression, anxiety, phobias, trauma/PTSD, chemical dependency, adjustment/life transition/identity concerns, and psychological/neuropsychological assessments. I am currently a practicum student in the process of getting my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Augsburg University. I also work in the adult intensive outpatient program (IOP) for eating disorders.
When working together, I view my role as a co-author in your therapeutic journey. We will work together to create a therapy plan uniquely tailored to your needs, considering your experiences, emotions, and worldview. My goal is to provide a safe, compassionate, and supportive space where we can work collaboratively to process your thoughts and feelings as we delve into healing the mind, body, and soul.
Education: BA-Minnesota State University Moorhead, PsyD-Augsburg University (in progress)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy – Enhanced (CBT-E)
- Exposure Response and Prevention Therapy (ERP)
- Adult Attachment Systems Training, Zero to Three – DC: 0-5
- American Psychological Association
- Minnesota Psychological Association
- International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals